last week I investigated some new features from Synology DSM 5.1. One of the features is synchronisation to Microsoft OneDrive, Box etc.
1. You need to create a new user. I would suggest to create a separet user for the synchronisation.
2. Now you need to create a shared folder for the OneDrive files. I would suggest to create an additional volume too.
3. The user you created to manage the synchronisation musst have Read/Write on the share and on the NTFS / Advanced Share Permissions.
4. Now you need to install the Plugin. It is named Cloud Sync and you will find it in you Package Center.
5. After the Plugin is installed you can open it via “Start Menu”.
6. Now you should follow the Wizzard. First select your cloud service you want to connect too. In my case OneDrive.
7. Enter your credentials to connect to your account. For OneDrive you need your Microsoft Account.
8. You need to agreed the access to your accountsetting.
9. Now you need to select the local sync folders you want to sync to.
10. After you selected the folder it should look like the picture below.
11. In the next step you need to select your folders that should be available on your Synology.
12. After you selected the folders, the following message should pop up.
13. After you setup the sync, the initial sync starts.
Depending on your use, that may take a while. Attention!!! During the syncronisation you will notice a high CPU load of you synology.